Sunday, August 14, 2005
Turtles and popsicles
- My sister Laura (aka Margreta) is coming to visit in October with her bff (best boyfriend) Anil. Hooray! We shall show them the sites and sing them the songs. Hazy humidity should be significantly reduced by that time, too.
- A bird got injured at Weaver Street during our knitting group night, and there was an amazing attempt at a bird rescue by Alicia and Jesse, and I can only say that I thought of the soup cup in which to place the injured bird. Alicia and I went to the very empathetic and friendly Triangle Pet Emergency Treatment Center, where they evaluated the bird and decided that it wasn't going to make it, and so humanely euthanized it. Although it was sad not to be able to save it, I'm really glad to learn about this very nice emergency vet clinic and know that they can help out if anyone finds an injured animal. Alicia has the link to their info here.
- Alex found a turtle in the road and saved it. He is such an incredibly nice person, and seriously has the best instincts on how to help people and animals. The pictures of the turtle are also incredibly beautiful. We released the turtle (Shelley, natch) at Lake Crabtree today. Hooray!
- Rebecca and I went to the wonderful LocoPops, a sparsely furnished and inconspicuous new popsicle shop in Durham. They don't seem to have a webpage but here is a review of the store. These are far more than just popsicles, though. We tried fig almond cream, chocolate chile, ginger white peach, and mixed berry. They are the perfect way to cap off a hazy and humid afternoon.
- Roger Ebert has used his Pulitzer Prize in the most suitable way possible.
And visit Brad's blog, please!
isn't chocolate chile amazing??
My mom's choices: lemon blueberry, mojito
My choices: minty honeydew, peaches and cream
Everything was again wonderful. However, I do agree that chocolate chili is my favorite. And I also learned that the fig almond cream was a one-time flavor- as a restaurant owner on 9th street gave them a bowl of figs . . . MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
Glad the turtle made it home. :)
my loco pops record: 4 times in 8 days. it gives trips to durham a whole new thrill!
[url=http://vhdvwqph.com/avlh/spwy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://hklkhpqo.com/azsl/qtgj.html]Cool site[/url]