Saturday, October 22, 2005

 

Baby, you got a stew going!

I love living in my little town, just steps away from restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores, a drug store, video store, library, spooky Chinese superbuffet, etc. And of course, I especially love being a mere BLOCK away from a yarn store. But I'm developing candy corn tendencies with the yarn store. That is, I CANNOT STOP!

Scene #1: Last Friday. Have completed hurdle #39583 towards getting a degree: the comp exam. I'm definitely competent . . . in making things up fast. Please may I have my master's, dear sir? I'm so tired.

Condition (in head): Foggy, groggy, irate

Condition (in weather): Lovely

Accomplice: One Miss Rebecca, who, I might add, was the one who suggested the trip.

Outcome: Reeeeeeally beautiful laceweight hand-painted local merino wool AIIIIIYIIII!



It is too beautiful. The color you see is much too cool blue . . . in reality, it's the color of, um, let's say the bottom of a pristine Caribbean sea. After several days of fondling it, cooing sweet-nothings at it, wearing it around my neck, I rolled it into a ball. MAN do I wish I had a ball winder. My forearms are going to get all Popeye-style without one.

Anyways, shout out to Three Waters Farm for making such a beautiful yarn. It will become the inevitable Clapotis. I just have to make it, or I lose my knitblogger license. And then this would be just cat pictures.

Which would be pretty awesome, right?

Scene #2: This past Thursday. Laura and Anil are in town, and we just ate brunch at Elmo's and are enjoying the gorgeous very warm October afternoon.

Condition (in head): Joyous, sisterly, full (technically, that would be condition of stomach)

Condition (in weather): Lovely, if not very seasonal

Accomplice: Laura, Anil.

Outcome: Reeeeeeally beautiful fuzzy soft fine Rowan (oooh) Kidsilk (no, not Haze) Night!

EEEEEE!!!! Kidsilk Night has a little tiny bit of intriguing sparkle in it.

In my defense, it's for Laura, not me. Her Christmas present will be a wrap like the red one I'm making.

Which is getting kind of long now, but might need to be put on hold as I gear up for Christmas gift-making. Sorry about the wonky on-the-concrete-avec-flipflop picture.

I also finished a sock, the cabled sock from Fall's Interweave Knits.

It's pretty cute, I think.

The pattern has you make some slightly off-center, vintage-y features in the sock. The author of the pattern, Nancy Bush, has a new book, Knitting Vintage Socks. It looks pretty awesome.

But not as awesome as this, right?


Comments:
Don't forget the blocking on the stole. It'll be gorgeous. And Kidsilk Night. Mmm. Lucky sister!

- MJ
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?