Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

Olympic Knitting: The Final Score

Done!
Details: YummyYarn's Liesel pattern, done using 1.5 skeins of Rowan's Kidsilk Night in Moonlight. Used U.S. size 8 (5.0mm) ridiculous ancient aluminum 14 inch needles. It seems my equipment needs an upgrade by the USKOC (United States Knitting Olympic Committee).

While I am pleased to complete my Olympic Knitting project, I must remind myself that this is (was) supposed to be a Christmas present. Is no longer Christmas in any sense, though Jack Frost may be nipping at our nose. And although I am pictured wearing the scarf, its rightful owner should know that I only wore it briefly to allow for photographic documentation.

Buckles, however, really got into the concept of "scarf as security blanket."


Ooh, look at that pretty little kitty digging his sharp sharp claws into the lace. Arrrrrgh! Buckles is so cute but his teeth and claws have severed many a thread. Luckily, the scarf was removed undamaged.

Pretty! It blocked beautifully through my primative yet cat-resistant method: dampen scarf, spread it out on a beach towel, carefully adjust edges to make it even, and cover with another beach towel. By morning it was dry and even.

Merry Christmas! Happy Olympics!



Comments:
that lace pattern is gorgeous! was it hard?
 
What a fabulous shawl! I, um, did not finish Clapotis . . . but! I will be weaving in the ends of that blue cable scarf tonight! YES! At least there will be something finished this month!

Congrats on winning the gold!!! It is marvelous!
 
What a luxurious scarf. It looks as soft as a cloud, especially in the sunshine photo!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?