Saturday, June 03, 2006

 

Socks (belated)

These are some socks I made for Brad for his birthday...


which was almost a month ago. Errr...watch your mailbox, B-rad! And sorry for the delay.

The deets: Gentleman's Plain Winter Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. Yarn is Regia 4fadig (75% new wool, 25% polyamide), purchased at the Yarn Barn in Woodbridge, CT, in a nice tweedy green color.

They look like good hiking socks. Hopefully Stef and Brad will find some nice Baltimore area hikes to try out the socks!

I have also finished another pair of socks, which are my FAVORITE PAIR OF SOCKS (for me) EVER!

Baby pictures...awwww!

And all grown up!

(Bunion is actually larger than it appears...terrifying.)



(Rockette pose.)

Gusset fever!

These are Evening Stockings for a Young Lady, also from Knitting Vintage Socks. The yarn is Baby Ull Dalegarn from Dale of Norway (100% wool), purchased at Woolcott & Co. during our March trip to Boston. Color is "Blue Lt 5703" but let's just call it Tar Heel Blue. The socks are longer than usual and lovely and lacey and I only wish it were closer to fall so I could wear them more! Loved the pattern. The lace is a five row repeat which was easy to memorize.

It's been in the 80s and 90s this past week and very muggy here, but today it's rainy and in the 60s...perfect for wearing Evening Stockings for a Young Lady!

Stay tuned for information on my latest project, a blanket designed distract Graybaby from current projects in order to prevent yarn-related catastrophes like this one:

My cat is a MONSTER! A MONNNNNNNNNSTER!



Comments:
WOW! Those evening socks are spectacular!




I'm going to steal them...WATCH OUT!

or maybe I'll just make a pair for me....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?