Saturday, October 07, 2006

 

Grownup

I won a ribbon! I'm somebody!

Somebody with a ribbon and a check for $4. Boo-yeah! Mouse got her paws in the shot. Here she is in full profile.


Cute! Also, fat.

Rather than resting on my knitting laurels, I have pressed ahead with some more socks.

One Christmas gift down, 37 to go!

In other news, today Mr. Cupcakes and I bought a washing machine. It gave me the same feeling that I had when we bought a weedwacker back in Raleigh: I am so old. But the washer will bring much joy to our lives, I am sure, just as soon as the delivery men stop laughing when they see our stairs tomorrow morning. After the miracle of having sherpa-like moving assistants bring all our stuff up to our second floor apartment back in January, I am so down with hiring people to move heavy stuff. Also, I hope they are engineers in their spare time because whether the washer will fit up our rickety, narrow, twisting stairs is another story.

But there are more pleasant things to think about, like food! Last night Mr. Cupcakes and I went out on a date to Arugula in West Hartfood. The food was so, so good. I wore my painfully (literally and figuratively) cute red wedge-heeled shoes which turned out to be a tiny bit of a mistake since we had to walk about five blocks from our parking spot to the restaurant, with me taking progressively smaller and slower steps, as though I had been recently released from the hospital after major surgery and Alex was my nurse. But once we were seated, it was fabulous. Mr. Cupcakes will give the full details, but I'll let this picture sum it up:

Mocha toasted coconut creme brulee + Lavazza espresso + pinot noir + cute shoes (not pictured) + a couple of Cupcakes = delightful Friday night.

Comments:
wow! you're a prize-winning knitter!!
 
first prize! wooo!!!!!

now... if only that ribbon was from Durham, NC...
 
Hi all!
Very nice site.
client photo
doc http://client.xbuv.info/ client online
Bye
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?