Sunday, January 21, 2007

 

So I lied.

Yes, Archivalist, I know I didn't blog more regularly. I make a lot of resolutions in my head (all year, not just in late December/early January) and things get in the way. But know, dear readers, that I think of you often, and resolve (ha!) to post more frequently.

The History Detectives filming happened on Thursday, with Elyse as the detective. I think it went pretty well. Look for me in July, looking rather pasty. I wish they had filmed me after my upcoming trip to Florida (hi, Angela!). But Detectives waits for no archivist. I won't reveal what they revealed about the book, but it's AWESOME.

Okay, so now that HD is done, I can get down to making some real resolutions for this new year of the boar.
1. Blog more regularly so people don't hate me.
2. Blog more cleverly so people don't hate me.
3. Actually take pictures of what I knit, because SCupcakes is all about the knitting.
4. Eat more vegetables and fruit, and cut the wine down to a level that would not appall the French.
5. Go to the gym and get ripped arms. I sense a bit of wiggle forming in my upper arms, and they are only going to get wigglier without intervention.
6. Clean the house for 15 minutes a day. I swiped this one from Crazy Aunt Purl, and I think it's a fabulous idea. It's admittedly bad when, while watching an episode of Law & Order, one's immediate thought is not "I hope I never end up in a garbage truck because that's a terrible way to go," but "I hope I never end up in a garbage truck because there is so much cat fur all over the house I would shame my family when they discovered it." This resolution is actually fairly easy to keep since I got my new Swiffer Sweep & Vacuum. It's a revelation. It completes me.
7. Read more books, and listen to more books on tape/CD while I am knitting.
8. Possibly consider cutting down on TV. But not really important fashion/modeling themed shows, obvs.
9. Return Netflix movies in a timely manner so as not to pay $15 a month to essentially store movies on top of the DVD player.
10. Have more fun. Seriously.
11. Stop lying on the blog. After this post.

Comments:
Archivalist responds:

1. Quality over quantity, Suse.
2. Once you figure out how, let me in on it.
3. To paraphrase Chico Esceula: "Knitting. I don' know."
4. Wine, no thanks. But our insurance at work is insisting that everyone eat more fruits and veggies, so it looks like a serving a week from now on!
5. It's cold here in Maine. So cold that I eat all the time. Yet because I walk 1/2 mile to and from work twice a day, I'm actually losing weight. I should sell my car.
6. This is actually a great idea. Mrs. Archivalist and I periodically agree to do the same, then collapse with laughter onto the couch and watch more Netflix (see also #9).
7. I resolve to read my pile of books from 2005 that I never got to. Maybe next year.
8. TV is one of my best friends. But now that football is nearly over...
9. As soon as I signed up for Netflix, I knew this would happen.
10. I resolve to visit my New England friends. Seriously.
11. Ditto.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?