Thursday, May 31, 2007

 

Summertime

Since it's now past Memorial Day, I think we can officially declare it summer! I hope to spend less time at work and more time at home, with friends, with yarn, reading books, seeing movies, and traveling. Mr. Cupcakes and I have plans to visit Ocracoke Island in July, then go to Chapel Hill for a few days. Cross your fingers that hurricanes don't interrupt these plans. Like last time.

Angela came to visit this weekend and it was delightful. Rebecca and I gave her the whirlwind western New England tour. Angela even took my crazy neighbors and insane cat in stride. Now THAT is a friend.

Last night, Rebecca and I went up to Northampton to see the Yarn Harlot, who is too awesome for words. I'm too lame for words, and forgot to bring my camera and chickened out when I saw how long the line for book signing was. Nevertheless, the Harlot is so funny and whip-smart and generous, and managed, along with WEBS, to get all attendees free yarn and needles to make squares for Warm Up America, and to encourage us to donate food to a local food bank.

I showed tremendous restraint and only purchased two skeins of yarn from the discount warehouse, Regia's 6fadig Tweed in a nice blue gray. It's important to feed the stash regularly so it doesn't get angry. Same with cats.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?