Monday, June 11, 2007
moving on up
- 3 bedrooms (instead of 2)
- 1.5 bathrooms (instead of 1), including a bathtub! I miss taking long baths and reading junky magazines. Your body gets clean while your mind becomes clogged with celebrity gossip. A lovely dichotomy.
- a basement, attic, and garage (instead of none)
- a yard (instead of containers on the porch)
- normal human neighbors (instead of our "troubled" neighbors)
(We're on the left.)
That hasn't stopped me from knitting, of course. Socks using Mamma-E's Seasick colorway from the cruise.
Mouse is a great (big) model. The pattern is Retro Rib Socks by Evelyn A. Clark, originally in the Winter 2004 Interweave Knits, but also in Favorite Socks. You need to get this book immediately.
I also got some beautiful yarn from the Sweet Sheep, a merino/tencel blend in Poppy (now out of stock).
Mouse was a huge fan, immediately. I might add that it was about 90 degrees that day.
But just look at that shine! Mouse, you have good taste.