Saturday, November 15, 2008

 

November 15

Today Alex and I spent some time at the public library, which is always a treat. Our library has a fantastic fiction section, as well as a ton of DVDs, books on CD and tape, and lots of knitting and cooking books. I happened upon Tim Gunn's A Guide to Quality, Taste & Style, which is just as delightful as Tim Gunn. So far, he's referenced Roland Barthes, Kierkegaard, and Ralph Lauren. Love it.

What are you reading these days? Sparky bit my calf today because I walked too close to her, so I expect I'll be bedridden some time in the near future. Best stock up on books now!

Labels: ,


Comments:
Oh, I am so happy you are posting each day! I just caught up . . . here are some comments from previous posts:

baby: YES! You two would be great parents . . . but you might want to buy those "Cat" Lee-press on nails for Sparky (do they make them for teeth too?) ;-)

thanksgiving: (um, btw, I'm coming too D&E!) . . . what about a fabulous dessert - if it is liquor soaked, it will be preserved! Also, smoked salmon, array of cheeses from Cato Corner . . . booze . . . ;-)

ANTM: I, too, am liking some of the models and it is just quirky enough to keep my attention. Also, did you know Top Chef started this week? yeah!

Tangled yoke: AMAZING! Such a beautiful color - I can't wait to see it. I am doing really well with my first sweater - I'll send pics!

Reading: Outlander . . . not terribly into it - so, looking for suggestions too . . .

Talk with you soon!
R
 
Paul Auster's "City of Glass." About 1/3 way through it -- so far so good.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?