Tuesday, October 20, 2009

 

A few things

I'm not even going to make an excuse for being AWOL. Let's just get going again!

1) Graybaby has redeveloped her diabetes. We noticed that she had lost a few pounds, and in our house, the loss of a few pounds is cause for celebration (people) or concern (cats), because our family doesn't lose weight easily. A visit to the vet last week was cancelled after my smart kitty hid from me, and was rescheduled for yesterday. It was quickly confirmed that GB does have the 'betes, and needs insulin shots and fancy food and follow up visits. She was first diagnosed almost exactly four years ago and it lasted about three months. I hope this round is similarly short.

2) I am playing a little game called Sober October this month, in which I am not drinking any alcohol all month. Mostly, I just wanted to see if I could do it, as it's been a long time since I went a considerable length of time without drinking. So far, so sober. The only times I've "missed" it is when I'm eating a meal with other people and wish I could have a glass of red wine with my pasta, or a beer with my lobster roll. Other than that, it's been pretty easy. I've even lost a few pounds! Don't worry, though, I'll go to the vet soon.

3) Despite the success of Sober October, I am looking forward to Don't Remember November.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
1) Man, I'm really sorry to hear this about Graybaby (again).

2) Congratulations on Sober October. Sounds like a great idea.

3) But I'm glad that my next visit to your place isn't until Don't Remember November.
 
So - did you binge on Saturday night/Sunday morning??? How amazing did that glass of wine taste???

How's Graybaby doing now? I hope she makes a quick recovery!!!

Good to see you back!!!
 
La Croix!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?